Establish credit for husband while he is in prison.


Hi, my name is Sheila. I have a few questions. My Fiancee is in prison and he wants to help him out with his credit. He knows it’s bad and he wants me to help him to get it taken care of, the only problem is I have no idea how to go about doing that. If someone could help me and qive me some advice that would be great.

Thank you,



Hi Sheila,

This is probably the most unique question we have had so far about establishing credit. But I have to admit, its a good one. Probably the best way to establish credit for your husband is to get a couple of secured credit cards in your name and ad your husband on the credit cards. If he does not have credit in this current market it will be impossible for him to be added to any un-secured credit card. Secured credit cards require a deposit into a account to secure the credit card in your name.


Comments are closed.

Disclaimer: This information has been compiled and provided by as an informational service to the public. While our goal is to provide information that will help consumers to manage their credit and debt, this information should not be considered legal advice. Such advice must be specific to the various circumstances of each person's situation, and the general information provided on these pages should not be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel.